Saturday, July 11, 2009

River dawg.


 In an attempt to build Vera's confidence I've been taking her out a few times a week by herself, and to new places. I admit that this is something I've neglected to do in the last few months because of all the fosters, but don't worry, I'm back on track. I've started to notice in the field and on hikes that she is content to just follow Sylvie and do whatever she does.  She's not nearly as independent as Sylvie (which isn't a bad thing), but I'd like to see more from her. 
 This week we explored the river. Not only did this give her opportunities to explore her little heart out, but she also got some water time, and romp with a lot of fun dogs. She loves to play in the river, retrieve sticks, bark at canoes going by, and goes crazy for the random squirrel colonies that seem to be out there. 
 


No comments: